Sample Cover Letter
100 East 22nd Street
Chicago, IL 60616
June 12, 2012
Ms. Julie Jones
Human Resources Manager
New Idea Corporation
100 Industry Avenue
Anytown, IL 60619
Re: Vice President of Sales
Dear Ms. Jones:
While reading the Sales & Marketing Digest article on Top Marketing Firms, I took an interest in the type of product focus your company is moving towards. I believe my past experiences are an ideal match to your recent advertisement for a Vice President of Sales. Here is a snapshot of what I have done in the past and what I can bring to New Idea Corporation:
- Identified target markets, developed product requirements and effectively evaluated customer needs for a 30% increase in sales volume.
- Personally handled such accounts as: Wal-Mart, Target, Toys ‘R’ Us, and Walgreens.
- Developed strategic sales plans based on industry trends and customer analysis.
- Prepared sales forecasts, account status reports and recommendations which enhanced account growth and revenue by 40%.
- Participated in contract negotiations with top executives.
- Built and led a motivated and skilled sales team of 20.
I am confident in what I do and always go above and beyond to satisfy my clients while keeping company goals in mind. I have proven throughout my career that I can create new business, develop existing accounts and cultivate customer loyalty. Let me do the same for your company.
I have no doubt that a few minutes of your time with me will convince you that I can be a great asset to New Idea Corporation. Together, we can achieve results! Plan on receiving a call from me the week of June 19th.